Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Spiderwick Chronicles web you into the book

While reading for the annotated bibliography I chose to read 'The Spiderwick Chronicles Book 1 The Field Guide' for the Fantasy section. At first I thought the book would be childish and the only thing I knew was there was a movie made after the book series. While reading the book, which is an easy read I became attached to the characters.

Once you start this book you won't want to put it down. You, just like I did and still do, will wish to find out what happens to the Grace kids. They find out there is a magical realm that is hidden to the eye. The children have the option of destroying a guidebook that leads them into the magical realm or keeping it, which could lead to dangers.

The end of the book is a cliff-hanger. I enjoyed the book so much I am going to get the second book to see what happens and what the children choose to do.

The magical creatures are also interesting to learn about and there are some illustrations as well to follow along.

Definitely worth it to pick up this book and read!

1 comment:

Kristen Rosenberger said...

It's nice to hear a college-student's reaction to this book (and the series) because i have heard many good things about it, though most have been from children or people much younger than I. It sounds intriguing and I plan on reading it for my annotated bib., thanks to your post! :)